Fudgy chocolate almond butter protein balls with a difference! These balls are sweetened with maple syrup rather than the usual dates and get their protein from a combination of black beans and a chocolate vegan protein blend.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Servings: 15 balls
- standard can of black beans, drained and rinsed well (approx. 240g)
- 60g oat flour
- 80g chocolate protein powder of choice*
- 80g smooth all-natural almond butter
- 80ml maple syrup
- 20g cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- 2 tbsp. of water
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend until completely smooth. Add more water slowly if necessary to create soft, pliable dough; it shouldn’t be sticky.
- Remove from the food processor and roll into 15 balls. Store in a seal tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to one month. Best served at room temperature.
Note: Nutritional information is without the protein powder as nutritional information will vary depending on the brand chosen. Approximately 5g of protein powder is used in every ball.