Did someone say all-day breakfast? Turn your bowl of oats into something a little different for the weekend! These waffles are delicious, truly wholesome, and an easy way to get in a nice mix of nutrients whatever time of the day. We’ve suggested that this batch of batter will create 2 servings, but it would also make one mighty post-workout portion depending on your nutritional needs.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes | Cooking Time: 10 minutes | Servings: 2
- 100 g of oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 g) milled flaxseed
- 1 large egg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 150 ml unsweetened milk of choice*
- 40 g ripe banana
- 60 g 0% Greek yogurt
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Place all ingredients into a NutriBullet or blender and blend until completely smooth.*
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease the waffle iron with spray oil.
- Number of waffles created will depend on the size and depth of your waffle iron. This creates 1.5 large thick waffles for me or 3 thick square Belgian waffles.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes; again times will vary depending on your waffle iron!
- Serve with Greek yogurt, berries and some nuts and seeds if desired. Nutritional information does not account for any toppings.
*Nutritional information is based on using unsweetened almond milk.
Note: you can add any low-carb protein powder to the mix to increase the protein content.